This page explains how to set up the Microsoft Outlook email program to send and receive email for a mailbox you've created. (If you’re trying to setup your email account on outlook.live.com, see our outlook.live.com instructions instead.)
Still with us? Click on the version of Outlook you're using to see the exact instructions for your program:
- Outlook 2016 or 2019 for Windows (Outlook version 16)
- Outlook 2016 or 2019 for Mac (Outlook Mac version 15)
- Outlook iOS app (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
- Outlook Android app (Android phones or tablets)
We also have instructions for obsolete versions of Outlook, although we don’t recommend or officially support using these:
- Outlook 2013 (Outlook version 15)
- Outlook 2011 for Mac (Outlook Mac version 14)
- Outlook 2010 (Outlook version 14)
- Outlook 2007 (Outlook version 12)
- Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003 (Outlook version 10 or 11)
- Outlook 2000 or Outlook 98 (Outlook 2000 = version 9, Outlook 98 = version 8.5)
Finding your Outlook version on Windows
If you're not sure which version of Outlook you're using on Microsoft Windows, there's an easy way to tell.
When Outlook is running, click the Help menu if you see one, then choose About Microsoft Outlook:
The version of Outlook you are using will be shown at the top of the window that appears. For example, this is Outlook 2002:
On Windows, you should be able to find the difference by clicking the File tab. In the left sidebar, you’ll see either “Help” (Outlook 2010), or “Account” or “Office Account” (Outlook 2013 or 2016).
In Outlook 2010, clicking Help will show the exact version number,.
In Outlook 2013 or 2016, you can view the exact version number by clicking Account or Office Account in the “File” tab, then the About Outlook icon.
Finding your Outlook version on a Mac
On a Mac computer, you can click the Outlook menu at the top of the screen, then choose About Outlook.
Still not sure what version of Outlook you’re using?
Microsoft certainly makes this confusing, but they have a more detailed page showing how to find various versions.
Copyright © 2000-2021 Tiger Technologies LLC