Microsoft Outlook 2016 or 2019 for Mac
This page explains how to set up the Microsoft Outlook 2016 or 2019 email program on macOS for an IMAP mailbox that you've created.
Before you continue, you should enter your email address (the address you want to set up in Outlook) in the box above. Entering your email address makes sure that the instructions below are correct.
To set up Outlook 2016 or 2019, make sure the Outlook program is running, then follow the instructions below.
1. Add a new account
If you’ve never used Outlook before, it will usually prompt you to add an address as soon as you start it. In that case, skip ahead to step 2.
If Outlook doesn’t prompt you, click the Tools menu at the top of the screen, then choose Accounts. Click the + button and choose New Account:
2. Type your email address
In the “Set Up Your Email” window, type your email address:
Then click Continue.
In most cases, Outlook will detect the settings and show you the screen in step 3.
If it instead says “Sorry! We couldn’t find a match”, just click the IMAP/POP icon to continue.
3. Enter your password and confirm the settings
Enter your email account details, using the following values (Outlook may have automatically filled them in for you in many cases):
- E-mail address: your email address
- IMAP Username: your email address
- IMAP Password: your email password
- IMAP Incoming Server: mail.tigertech.net
- Port (under “IMAP Incoming Server”): 993
- Choose Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under “IMAP Incoming Server”)
- SMTP Username: your email address
- SMTP Password: your email password
- SMTP Outgoing Server: mail.tigertech.net
- Port (under “SMTP Outgoing Server”): 465
- Choose Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under “SMTP Outgoing Server”)
Your resulting window should look like this:
Click the Add Account button. You’ll see a confirmation that the account has been added.
Setup is complete
You're finished! Try sending yourself a test email message to make sure it works.
How do I set the name that other people see when I send mail?
You can change the name by opening the Tools menu, then clicking Accounts. Our Verifying Outlook 2016 or 2019 Settings on a Mac page shows more details.
Do some people see duplicate images in messages you send?
Outlook for Mac has a bug that can cause duplicated images, unfortunately. It’s not caused by a problem on your computer, or our servers.
Copyright © 2000-2023 Tiger Technologies LLC