Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac
This page explains how to set up the Microsoft Outlook 2016 email program on macOS for an IMAP mailbox that you've created.
Before you continue, you should enter your email address (the address you want to set up in Outlook) in the box above. Entering your email address makes sure that the instructions below are correct.
To set up Outlook 2016, make sure the Outlook program is running, then follow the instructions below.
1. Add a new account
Click the Tools menu at the top of the screen, then choose Accounts.
Click the + button and choose Other Email.
The “Enter your account information” window appears.
2. Type your email address
In the account window, type your email address:
Then switch to the password box, and the settings display will expand.
3. Enter your account details
Enter your email account details, using the following values:
- E-mail address: your email address (must be all lowercase)
- Password: your email password
- User name: your email address (must be all lowercase)
- Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: mail.tigertech.net
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under “Incoming server”)
- Port (under “Incoming server”): 993
- Outgoing server: mail.tigertech.net
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under “Outgoing server”)
- Port (under “Incoming server”): 465
Your resulting window should look like this:
Click the Add Account button.
4. Enter a description and real name
In the final settings box, give the account a “description” match your email address, then type your real name:
- Account description: email@example.com
- Full name: enter your full name, such as Steve Jobs
Your settings window should now look something like this:
You can now close the settings window.
Setup is complete
You're finished! Try sending yourself a test email message to make sure it works.
Do some people see duplicate images in messages you send?
Outlook for Mac has a bug that can cause duplicated images, unfortunately. It’s not caused by a problem on your computer, or our servers.