How do I view or edit Dreamweaver's "site" settings?
If you have already defined a "site" in Dreamweaver and you need to view the existing FTP settings, or change the settings to work with our servers, this page will help.
Just start Dreamweaver and follow the instructions below.
1. Choose "Manage Sites".
Click the Site menu and choose Manage Sites:
2. Choose your site.
Click the site name you want to view or edit, then click the Edit button:
3. Choose "Remote Info".
In the Category list, click Remote Info. The existing FTP settings will appear.
4. Edit the FTP settings.
To work with our servers, make sure the settings are as shown.
- Access: FTP
- FTP host: ftp.tigertech.net
- Host directory: leave this space blank to publish files to the top level of your website
- Login: your domain name, such as example.com
- Password: enter your account password
- The "Use passive FTP" checkbox should almost always be checked. (However, it may be necessary to uncheck this box if your computer has a very unusual network setup; if in doubt, check the box here and uncheck it only if your connection doesn't work.)
The window should look like this:
Click OK to save the new settings.
Publishing your files
After you've entered the correct settings for our servers, see this topic to learn how to publish your files.