Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac
This page explains how to set up the Microsoft Outlook 2016 e-mail program on macOS for an IMAP mailbox that you've created.
Before you continue, you should enter your e-mail address (the address you want to set up in Outlook) in the box above. Entering your e-mail address makes sure that the instructions below are correct.
To set up Outlook 2016, make sure the Outlook program is running, then follow the instructions below.
1. Add a new account
Click the Tools menu at the top of the screen, then choose Accounts.
Click the + button and choose Other Email.
The “Enter your account information” window appears.
2. Type your e-mail address
In the account window, type your e-mail address:
Then switch to the password box, and the settings display will expand.
3. Enter your account details
Enter your e-mail account details, using the following values:
- E-mail address: your e-mail address (must be all lowercase)
- Password: your e-mail password
- User name: your e-mail address (must be all lowercase)
- Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: mail.tigertech.net
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under “Incoming server”)
- Port (under “Incoming server”): 993
- Outgoing server: mail.tigertech.net
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under “Outgoing server”)
- Port (under “Incoming server”): 465
Your resulting window should look like this:
Click the Add Account button.
4. Enter a description and real name
In the final settings box, give the account a “description” match your e-mail address, then type your real name:
- Account description: email@example.com
- Full name: enter your full name, such as Steve Jobs
Your settings window should now look something like this:
You can now close the settings window.
Setup is complete
You're finished! Try sending yourself a test e-mail message to make sure it works.
Do some people see duplicate images in messages you send?
Outlook for Mac has a bug that can cause duplicated images, unfortunately. It’s not caused by a problem on your computer, or our servers.