Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
This page explains how to set up the Microsoft Outlook 2011 e-mail program on Mac OS X for an IMAP mailbox that you've created.
Before you continue, you should enter your e-mail address (the address you want to set up in Outlook) in the box above. Entering your e-mail address makes sure that the instructions below are correct.
To set up Outlook 2011, make sure the Outlook program is running, then follow the instructions below.
1. Add a new account
Click the "Tools" menu and choose "Accounts".
Click the "+" button and choose "E-mail".
The "Account" window appears.
Type your e-mail address: email@example.com
As soon as you start typing your e-mail address, the settings display will expand.
2. Enter your account information
Enter your e-mail account details, using the following values:
- E-mail address: your e-mail address (must be all lowercase)
- Password: your e-mail password
- User name: your e-mail address (must be all lowercase)
- Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: mail.tigertech.net
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under "Incoming server")
- Port (under "Incoming server"): 993
- Outgoing server: mail.tigertech.net
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) (under "Outgoing server")
- Under "Outgoing server", check Override default port then change the port number to 465
Your resulting window should look like this:
Click the "Add Account" button; this will save the current values.
Now enter a few more values:
- Account description: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full name: enter your full name, such as Steve Jobs
Your settings window should now look something like this:
Click the "More Options..." button.
3. Configure outgoing mail authentication
Select "Use Incoming Server Info" for the Authentication field:
Then click OK.
You are done configuring Outlook. You can now close the settings window.
Setup is complete
You're finished! Try sending yourself a test e-mail message to make sure it works.