How do I set up two Outlook accounts for the same email address?
When you transfer mail from another company to our company (or vice-versa), it can be useful to temporarily set up Outlook to connect to both accounts. That way, you can simply drag mail from the old server to the new server.
However, some recent versions of Outlook won’t let you easily add the second account; they’ll show an error message saying “This email address has already been added” if you try it the usual way described on our Outlook setup page.
You can work around this by adding the new email address to Outlook using a different, slightly more complicated method:
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel
- Search the control panel for Outlook
- Click Mail (Microsoft Outlook)
- Click the Email Accounts... button
- Click the New button
- Choose Manual setup or additional server type and click Next
- Choose POP or IMAP and click Next
- Set up the account with these settings:
Your name: (Your real name) Email Address: email@example.com Account Type: IMAP Incoming Mail Server: mail.tigertech.net Outgoing Mail Server: mail.tigertech.net User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org (all lowercase) Password: (your email password)
- Click the More Settings... button
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires Authentication
- Click the Advanced tab and change the “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” port number from 25 to 587
- Click OK to close the “More Settings” window
Then Click Next and finish the setup.
Copyright © 2000-2023 Tiger Technologies LLC