How do I verify the settings in Outlook 2007?
If you’ve already set up an email account in Outlook 2007 using Autodiscover and you want to make sure the settings are correct, this page explains how to do so.
1. Start Outlook 2007.
If Outlook 2007 isn’t already running, start it now.
2. Display all accounts.
Open the Tools menu, then click Accounts Settings:
3. Select the account to change.
Highlight the account you want to change, then click Change to open the settings window.
4. Verify the basic account settings.
The window should look like this:
Although the “Your Name” and the “Password” will be different, everything else should be as shown above. In particular, these must be exactly right:
- Email Address: your email address (all lowercase)
- Account Type: POP3 (or IMAP)
- Incoming mail server: mail.tigertech.net
- Outgoing mail server: mail.tigertech.net
- User Name: your email address (all lowercase)
- Remember password should be checked
- “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” should not be checked.
After verifying these settings, click the More Settings button. The “Internet E-mail Settings” window appears.
5. Verify the “Outgoing Server” settings.
The outgoing server settings should look like this:
Verify these settings:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication should be checked
- Use same setting as my incoming server should be selected
6. Verify the “Advanced” settings.
Click the Advanced tab. The window should look like this:
You should make sure the following values are entered:
- Incoming Server (POP3): 995 (or 993 if using IMAP)
- This server requires an encrypted connection should be checked
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
- Leave a copy of messages on the server should be checked (this setting will not be available if you are using IMAP)
7. Close both settings windows.
If everything looks okay, click OK to close the “Internet E-mail Settings” window, then click Next and Finish to close the “Change Account” window.
Copyright © 2000-2023 Tiger Technologies LLC