If you already have a hosting account with us, you can add more domain names at a great low price with our Add-On Hosting plan.
The extra domain names will use the “leftover” hosting plan disk space and other resources for billing purposes, but unlike a domain name alias, they have independent Web hosting and email service, so you don’t need to mix the two domain names on a technical level.
The annual fee for the extra hosting domain name, including the domain name registration and renewal, is the same as our one-year “domain name only” registration. You get an extra domain name and Web hosting service for the price of the domain name alone.
Here are the details of the Add-On Hosting plan:
- Each Add-On Hosting domain name is $16.92 per year. This fee includes the domain name registration and renewal, as well as the Web hosting and email service.
- You must have an existing full-priced hosting plan shown on our plans page.
- Add-On Hosting domain names share the main account’s password, administrative and billing contacts, and payment information (including credit card number, if any). The domain names must be grouped in our records.
- The disk space, mailboxes, databases, CPU usage, and other resource limits of the extra domain names are billed against the unused resources of the your full-priced account(s). For example, if your main account allows 20 GB of disk space, and you’re already using 7 GB, the extra domain names can’t use more than 13 GB of disk space. Additional usage would require you to either upgrade the full priced account to a larger plan, or to upgrade the extra domain name to a full priced hosting account.
- Other than that, the Add-On Hosting domain names are completely independent. They have separate website content, email addresses, mailing lists, MySQL databases, and so forth. (This prevents website cross-contamination.) The connection between them is only for administrative and billing purposes. You should not rely on any technical connection between the two (for example, do not expect that one domain name will be able to access databases owned by the other).
- If you pay monthly for hosting service, the $16.92 annual fee will usually be billed as an extra $1.41 per month. However, if you sign up for more than three Add-On Hosting domain names, we may require a $16.92 prepayment to cover each domain name registration fee, the same as a domain name only account. Unlike full-priced hosting plan prepayments, this prepayment is not refundable if you cancel service before a year has passed.
- There’s a limit of 10 Add-On Hosting domain names per full price Basic Hosting package, and 25 Add-On Hosting domain names per full price Business Hosting package. You’ll be asked to upgrade if you exceed these numbers.
- This plan is intended for multiple domain names owned by a single person or organization, and isn't intended to be used as a mass “reseller account” (which we don’t offer) for unrelated domain names.
- We can only provide technical support to a single contact person. In other words, you can’t create Add-On Hosting domain names for other people who then contact us directly and independently for support questions; you need to be responsible for managing all of the domain names.
- Add-On Hosting domain names aren’t eligible for further discounts, credits or promotions, such as the annual prepayment discount we offer for full priced hosting accounts or our Referral Rewards program.
Adding an Add-On Hosting domain name to your hosting plan is easy:
- Login to the “My Account” control panel (having trouble?)
- Click Add Domain Names and follow the instructions.
Can I do this without even paying the domain name fee?
People occasionally ask if they can leave the domain name itself with a different registration company, avoiding the domain name renewal fee, too (although of course you’d still need to pay the other company the renewal fee instead).
We do allow it (it’s an option on the screen mentioned above), but we don’t recommend it. Registering the domain name with us allows us to manage the domain name to ensure it doesn’t expire and to assist you with problems related to the domain name itself. It also lets you keep everything under one roof, paying a single company.
We have great prices on domain names — a cheaper price you find elsewhere usually comes at the expense of decent support. (If you’re comparing prices, be sure to include the other companies’ charges for WHOIS privacy and ICANN fees. Those are free with our company, but usually make other companies more expensive.)
Copyright © 2000-2019 Tiger Technologies LLC