How does your Referral Rewards program work?
This answer is customized for blogaliving.com. (change domain name)
If you have your own Web hosting account with our company, our Referral Rewards program gives you a way to spread the word about our service — and earn up to $79 while you’re at it. It’s easy!
Here’s how it works: You just put a special link anywhere on your website that people can click to learn more about our services. When someone clicks on that link, our server remembers that you referred them (using a “cookie” that’s valid for a full year).
If that person later signs up for one of our full-priced hosting plans, we’ll credit your account 33% of that person’s standard hosting fees every month for the next 12 months. For example, if the other person signs up for our Business Hosting plan and pays monthly, you’ll earn $79.80! You can use the money to pay your own Web hosting fees, or redeem them for cash (in the form of a check or PayPal payment) if you earn enough rewards.
You can put the link anywhere you like. It can be a graphic on your home page, or a text link on a page you only tell your friends about. It’s up to you — but remember, the more people who see the link, the more rewards you’re likely to receive.
On this page:
- HTML code for text links
- HTML code for graphic links
- Can I get rewards for new accounts I sign up myself?
- The fine print
HTML code for text links
The simplest kind of link to put on your website is a text link. For example, it might look like this:
Here’s the HTML source code to use if you want to add a text link (you can change the text that the user sees to whatever you’d like):
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com" >Hosted by Tiger Technologies</a>
HTML code for graphic links
If you’d rather use a graphic, just replace the text with a link to an image. You can use your own image, or choose from the graphics shown below.
The graphics are stored on our server, so you don’t need to copy the images. Just use the appropriate HTML code for the image you want.
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com"> <img src="https://www.tigertech.net/referimages/hostedby3.gif" width="100" height="40" border="0"></a>
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com"> <img src="https://www.tigertech.net/referimages/hostedby4.gif" width="100" height="40" border="0"></a>
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com"> <img src="https://www.tigertech.net/referimages/hostedby1.gif" width="100" height="58" border="1"></a>
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com"> <img src="https://www.tigertech.net/referimages/hostedby2.gif" width="100" height="58" border="1"></a>
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com"> <img src="https://www.tigertech.net/referimages/webhosting3.gif" width="65" height="60" border="1"></a>
<a href="https://www.tigertech.net/referral/blogaliving.com"> <img src="https://www.tigertech.net/referimages/webhosting1.gif" width="90" height="78" border="0"></a>
Can I get rewards for new accounts I sign up myself?
Because the program is designed to introduce customers to our service, we don’t offer rewards for additional accounts that are entirely your own.
However, if you’re a webmaster who signs up other people for new accounts with us, your own account can earn rewards for the new signups. To qualify, the name, postal address, phone number, and email address of the "legal owner" of the new account must be different from your own (it’s okay for you to be the "administrative" contact of the new account).
To make sure that blogaliving.com gets the reward credit, just click on this link to set the blogaliving.com cookie in your Web browser before you use our order form to sign up the new account.
The fine print
There’s always fine print, isn’t there? Here are the restrictions.
- Reward credits are issued at the end of each calendar month for each of the first 12 full months that the new account has Web hosting service. Each month, your account will receive 33% of the base monthly Web hosting plan fees from the new account.
- Both you and the new customer must remain customers in good standing on one of the full-price hosting plans shown on our plans page to receive the reward credits each month. Discounted, promotional or Add-On Hosting plans are not eligible.
- The 33% credit is based on the new account’s standard hosting fees, and does not include fees for any resource overages or other services the new account incurs.
- The new account must have a legal owner that is not in your immediate household (meaning the name, postal address, phone number, and email address must all be different from yours).
- The rewards you earn will be applied as a credit to your own account. If you earn more reward credits than are needed to pay any fees you owe, and you accumulate a credit balance of more than $25, you can receive the balance as a (US dollar) check or PayPal payment by contacting us.
- For security reasons, check or PayPal payments can be issued only for reward credits earned from new accounts that have been established with us for at least four months. Additional security restrictions may apply in some cases, particularly if you are located outside the US.
- If a new customer tells us that they were referred by an account other than the one indicated by the automated tracking cookie, we will give the reward to the account mentioned by the customer. This is because new customers might conceivably find us through a certain site (which should receive the reward), then browse through other sites shown in our public customer list and click on a “Tiger Technologies” link they find there. Doing so would incorrectly reset the tracking cookie in their Web browser.
- This version of our Referral Rewards program is effective June 20, 2006. New accounts signed up before that date are eligible for a previous referral program, which had different terms.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or modify the Referral Rewards program at any time.
Copyright © 2000-2019 Tiger Technologies LLC