Do you automatically import any DNS records when I sign up to transfer my hosting service?
When you sign up to transfer an existing domain name to our hosting service, we check the existing DNS records and import (copy) any that match these:
- G Suite (“Google Apps”) MX, SPF and DKIM records, to keep your mail pointed at G Suite if you use their mail service
- Office 365 MX, SPF, DKIM and CNAME records, to keep your mail pointed at Office 365 if you use their mail service
- Google google-site-verification=... TXT records, so that it remains verified with for Google Search Console (aka “Google Webmaster Tools”)
- Microsoft MS=ms... TXT records, so that it remains verified with Microsoft
If you want to delete any of these automatically imported records, you can easily do so:
- Login to your Tiger Technologies “My Account” control panel (having trouble?)
- Click Domain Name Options
- Click Edit DNS Zone
- Click Delete next to any records you no longer want to use.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about any DNS records that were automatically imported — we’ll be glad to help.