Do you automatically import any DNS records when I sign up to transfer my hosting service?
When you sign up to transfer an existing domain name to our hosting service, we check the existing DNS records and import (copy) any that match these:
- Google Workspace (aka “G Suite” or “Google Apps”) MX, SPF and DKIM records, to keep your mail pointed at Google Workspace if you use their mail service
- Microsoft 365 Business (“Office 365”) MX, SPF, DKIM and CNAME records, to keep your mail pointed at Microsoft if you use their mail service
- Google google-site-verification=... TXT records, so that it remains verified with for Google Search Console (aka “Google Webmaster Tools”)
- Microsoft MS=ms... TXT records, so that it remains verified with Microsoft
If we import MX records, the email we send when you sign up will say something like “We’ve automatically imported DNS MX records from your old company”. You can review these automatically imported records:
- Login to your Tiger Technologies “My Account” control panel (having trouble?)
- Click Domain Name Options
- Click Edit DNS Zone
If you want to delete any of these records, you can easily do so by clicking Delete next to any records you don’t want to use.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about any DNS records that were automatically imported — we’ll be glad to help.
Copyright © 2000-2021 Tiger Technologies LLC