Can Tiger Technologies copy my existing WordPress site from another web host for a fee?
We have instructions explaining how you can copy a WordPress site between servers yourself, but many customers ask if we can do this for them.
While that service isn’t included in the price of our standard hosting plans, we do offer WordPress migration as a one time separate fee of $50 per website for any customer. This fee includes the full migration of an existing WordPress site to our servers with minimal downtime, including any configuration changes needed to make the site operable on our servers as well.
To do this, we do need proper access to the existing web host, and that host needs to provide the minimal tools necessary for copying files and databases. In particular, we need:
- The login and password for the existing web host control panel (we aren’t able to assist in obtaining this information — you'll need to have that);
- An administrative WordPress account login for the existing site;
- SSH shell access provided by the web host if the WordPress administrative access isn’t sufficient (more common on large sites).
- The existing site must be working properly;
- The site can't be hosted on wordpress.com, as they don't allow the export of many themes and plugins;
- It must be a normal WordPress installation, not a WordPress MU / Multisite site; and
- It must be running WordPress version 3.8 or newer.
If you aren’t sure what type of access the current web hosting provider allows, you can contact us with the name of the company and we’ll be happy to take a look. Below is a list of companies that are known to provide the access needed to migrate a WordPress site to our servers on your behalf:
- A2 Hosting
Ready to get started?
Just contact us if you’d like us to transfer an existing site. Note that you should allow at least one business day for the transfer to complete.