How does your Referral Rewards program work?
If you have your own Web hosting account with our company, our Referral Rewards program gives you a way to spread the word about our service — and earn up to $79 while you’re at it. It’s easy!
Here’s how it works: You just put a special link anywhere on your Web site that people can click to learn more about our services. When someone clicks on that link, our server remembers that you referred them (using a “cookie”).
If that person later signs up for our Silver, Gold or Platinum Web hosting service, we’ll credit your account 33% of what that person is billed every single month for the next 12 months. For example, if the other person signs up for our Silver Web hosting plan and pays annually, you’ll earn $27.80 in rewards that year. If the other person signs up for our Platinum hosting plan and pays monthly, you’ll earn $79.80! You can use the money to pay your own Web hosting fees, or redeem them for cash (in the form of a check or PayPal payment) if you earn enough rewards.
You can put the link anywhere you like. It can be a graphic on your home page, or a text link on a page you only tell your friends about. It’s up to you — but remember, the more people who see the link, the more rewards you’re likely to receive.
To see the HTML code to use to earn rewards for your account, please type your domain name in the box above.
Can I get rewards for new accounts I sign up myself?
Because the program is designed to introduce customers to our service, we don’t offer rewards for additional accounts that are entirely your own.
However, if you’re a webmaster who signs up other people for new accounts with us, your own account can earn rewards for the new signups. To qualify, the name and address of the "legal owner" of the new account must be different from your own (it’s okay for you to be the "administrative" contact).
To make sure you get the reward credit, you should use a special link to set the cookie in your Web browser before you use our order form to sign up the new account. Enter your domain name in the box at the top of this page to see the link.
The fine print
There’s always fine print, isn’t there? Here are the restrictions.
- Reward credits are issued at the end of each calendar month for each of the first 12 full months that the new account has Web hosting service. Each month, your account will receive 33% of the base monthly Web hosting plan fees from the new account.
- Both you and the new customer must remain customers in good standing on one of the Silver, Gold or Platinum Web hosting plans shown on our plans page to receive the reward credits each month.
- The new account must have a legal owner that is not in your immediate household.
- The rewards you earn will be applied as a credit to your own account. If you earn more reward credits than are needed to pay the fees for that account, and you accumulate a credit balance of more than $25, you can receive the balance as a (US dollar) check or PayPal payment by contacting us.
- For security reasons, check or PayPal payments can be issued only for reward credits earned from new accounts that have been established with us for at least four months. Additional security restrictions may apply in some cases, particularly if you are located outside the US.
- If a new customer tells us that they were referred by an account other than the one indicated by the automated tracking cookie, we will give the reward to the account mentioned by the customer. This is because new customers might conceivably find us through a certain site (which should receive the reward), then browse through other sites shown in our public customer list and click on a “Tiger Technologies” link they find there. Doing so would incorrectly reset the tracking cookie in their Web browser.
- This version of our Referral Rewards program is effective June 20, 2006. New accounts signed up before that date are eligible for a previous referral program, which had different terms.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or modify the Referral Rewards program at any time.